Thursday 2 June 2011

Shot Progression

Yesterday I got to a stage where I could start doing some test renders for the first shot of Trionfi. I wasn't happy with the test renders coming out of Max so I started rendering the shot properly in layers and took these into Fusion for some experimental compositing. I was very happy with the result and think this is definitely the kind of aesthetic I am aiming for with the film. Below i've put a shot progression, from initial thumbnail sketch, through to storyboard and then to render and final comp. This is the shot where Andy comes to in the jungle, the camera shows her POV as she looks up into the face of a very strange looking creature. It's nice to see how things can progress to a somewhat complete article, it keeps me going through the increasingly long nights!


Here's to a long summer! 



Initial thumbnail sketch.


Cleaned up storyboard panel with stand in design.


Render from 3DsMax with final character design and environment assets.


Final comp from Fusion, using rendered layers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment